- Unpack your AutoShade. If you purchased multiple AutoShades it is best to only work on one shade at a time, so you do not mix parts.
- Remove the mounts and mounting hardware from the packaging. The left hand mount will have no electrical connections showing whatsoever.
- Install left hand mount on interior of window frame.
- Measure the same distance from the top of the window frame and install the right hand mount.
- Connect the battery pack to the right shade mount.
- Screw the driver tube (the smaller metal tube) onto your custom shade tube.
- Install adhesive backed shade material
- Place shade roller tube in mounts. Orientation is important. The nub with the electrical connector present needs to connect to the right hand mount.
- Attach the battery pack to the battery clip on the right wall mount. You should see the startup light flash all colors, indicating that the shade is on and working.
Set top and bottom using pull cord
- Before the shade is used, the top and bottom bounds of the shade need to be set.
- Pull and hold the cord once to move the shade up. A red light will show and blink while the shade moves. Pull and hold the cord twice to move the shade down. A blue light will show and blink while the shade moves down.
- Move the shade to the top of the window. When the shade reaches the top, pull the cord three times. A green light will show on the third pull. This sets the top of the shade.
- Move the shade to the bottom of the window. When the shade reaches the bottom, pull the cord three times. A green light will show on the third pull. This sets the bottom of the shade.
- The shade is now set up. Pull the cord once and release quickly for the shade to move to the top of the window. Pull the cord twice and release quickly to move the shade to the bottom of the window.
- If you encounter any problems, or the shade does not respond to the quick pull and release commands, pull the cord three times and hold until the green light stops blinking. This will factory reset the shade for a new setup.
Firmware local control setup
- While the blue light is blinking, the shade is in wifi setup mode. Open wifi settings and look for a network called AUTOSHADE-XXXX.
- Connect to the wifi network and look for the pop-up wifi setup page. If no page pops up, open a web browser and enter a website name such as “dreamertechnologies.com.” You will be redirected to the wifi setup page.
- Enter your wifi information into the wifi setup page. Note that the shade name must be only lowercase letters and underscore characters. The shade name is used as the web page where you can control your shade on your local network.
- Submit the form. Note the wifi network and the address where you will be able to control your shade. It will be <your_shade_name>.local/
- The shade will restart and attempt to connect to your wifi network. If the shade cannot connect to the network, it will restart and show the blinking blue light, indicating that it is in wifi setup mode.
- Connect to your wifi network and visit the page <your_shade_name>.local/ on your favorite browser to control your shade
Set the top and bottom using the wifi control page
- Visit your shade’s wifi control page at <your_shade_name>.local/.
- Use the up and down buttons to move the shade to the top of the window.
- Note- if pressing the “Up” button moves the shade down instead of up, use the “Invert movement” toggle switch to fix the movement. A confirmation pop-up should show success when the Invert movement toggle switch is pressed.
- Open the configuration panel and press “Set top.” A confirmation pop-up should show that the command was successful.
- Use the down button to move your shade to the bottom of the window.
- Press the “Set bottom” button to set the bottom of the shade. Now the shade should be set up correctly. You can now use the graphical shade to set the height.
Factory reset shade
- The easiest way to factory reset the shade at any time is using the pull cord. Pull the cord three times and hold until the green light stops blinking. Release the cord and the shade will restart and reset all settings to the factory defaults.
- You can also factory reset the shade using the wifi control page. After setting up the shade on your wifi network, visit the control page at <your_shade_name>.local/ and open the configuration panel. Press the reset button to factory reset your shade. After a few moments, the shade will restart with all settings set to the factory defaults.